Leather-Lined Goatskin Style
This is where you can choose the specifications for your own custom leather-lined Bible. This special style is our most flexible cover, with a handsome look and texture. For information about how we developed this style, see our article.
- The outer leather is our special River Grain goatskin, or we can now use Sokoto goatskin or Capra grain goatskin.
- It is lined on the inside with soft, smooth genuine lambskin.
- The spine imprinting will say simply “Holy Bible” (or a short alternate title, such as “Santa Biblia”), in gold or silver to match the page edge gilding. The Sokoto or Capra can be blind-stamped as well.
- We can also add the version abbreviation to the spine. This will give the Bible a clean look.
- At the bottom edge of the spine will be our Leonard’s logo stamp, to remind you where your great cover came from.
- The only customization options for this style are the ones listed.
- At this time, we use only the River Grain, Sokoto, and Capra grain goatskins and the lambskin. Our other leathers are not interchangeable.
- We do not use customers’ leathers for this style.
- We can imprint a name on the front, and on the Sokoto or Capra grain, we can also do some blind-tooling.
- We can leave off imprinting, change the number of ribbons, or leave off our name / logo if requested.